Setting Up NetSuite
NetSuite is a large and complex system. You are expected to know or have IT contacts who know how to use and configure your NetSuite account properly as CartRover cannot provide detailed support on the specifics of your NetSuite account configuration.
Enable Web Services
- Login to NetSuite and go to: Setup > Company > Enable Features > SuiteCloud
- Make sure the Web Services box is selected and click Save.
Get your Account ID
- Login to NetSuite and go to: Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences
- The Account ID should be to the left side of the screen.
- Enter this into CartRover
Setup Role and get Role ID
- Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Click on Manage Roles
There should be a list of roles displayed, click on the one you want to use. We recommend the Warehouse Manager role.
- Navigate to Permissions > Setup. If not done, add Web Services and set to Full. Select Save.
- Now go to Setup > Integration > Web Services Preferences
- In the Name dropdown, select the user (If only the ID is shown, you can see your user ID in the upper right of the NetSuite page).
- Select the default role to use for Web Services.
The Role ID will be displayed on the screen. Copy this and enter into CartRover.
- Click on Done and Save.
You can not use an "Administrator" role as these roles require 2-factor authentication which cannot be used by CartRover connections. Lower access levels do not require 2-factor authentication.
Make sure your Role also has Full "Web Services" permissions.
Get your Application ID
- Go to Setup > Integration > Manage Integrations > Click on New
- Enter CartRover as the name
- Under Authentication enable both User Credentials and Token-Based Authentication
- Click Save
- The page should display an Application ID column correlating to the name of an integration. If the column is blank then consult your NetSuite Rep for the App_id
Get your Location ID
The Location ID is used to identify which warehouse inventory records are coming from.
- Go to Setup > Company > Warehouses
- Find the proper warehouse location and click View
- Copy the INTERNAL ID from the screen and enter it into CartRover
Get your Adjustment Account ID
The Adjustment Account ID is used when syncing inventory levels in NetSuite.
To use the default App Account ID
- Leave this setting blank in CartRover and we'll use the same Account ID as above.
To use a specific Account ID
- Go to Setup > Accounting > click on Chart of Accounts
- Find the desired account to use and click on it. Look at the URL on the top screen.
- The value is right after "acctid=" and before the next "&" sign. This should be a number.
Copy this value and enter it into the CartRover NetSuite settings page.
General Integration Guidelines