OpenCart Connection Issues
You are receiving an error message like the following:
Retrieve token failed. Please double check your Store URL and API Key.
Generate new Credentials
- Go to your OpenCart System > Users > API. Edit the user.
- Click Generate to create a new API Key. Copy and paste it into CartRover.
- Click on the IP Addresses tab and make sure the CartRover IP Addresses have been entered.
Often generating a new API Key can fix connection issues.
Disable or work around Reverse Proxy (like Cloudflare)
If you are behind a reverse proxy like Cloudflare, the CartRover IP Addresses you whitelist won't match what your server sees and so this will fail.
- Disable the reverse proxy
- Add the reverse proxy IP Addresses to the API user IP Addresses list
- Configure your web server to replace the IP address of the proxy server with the forwarded original IP header.
- Disable OpenCart IP checks altogether.
- This requires installing the following 3rd party extension: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=marketplace/extension/info&extension_id=30437