How to enable inventory sync from Skubana OMS
How to Enable Inventory Sync
Step 1: Enable the inventory sync between Skubana and CartRover. (Workflow step 1 above)
- Go to the Merchant tab → click Edit Setup → under the "Synchronization with WMS" section → change the "Inventory" field to the frequency in which you would like to sync inventory to CartRover.
Step 2: Wait for a sync to complete. To speed up this process, you can contact CartRover support to run an on-demand inventory sync.
- The most frequent inventory sync can be set to run is once every hour. The very first sync may take hours to complete, depending on how many skus you have in Skubana.
Step 3: Confirm the sync has completed
- Go to the Merchant tab and review the WMS Interface status for the last Inventory Run. If "success", the inventory sync has completed. If "N/A" and a timestamp are displayed, the inventory sync is currently in progress.
Step 4: Configure and enable the sync from CartRover to each individual order source (repeat per order source) (Workflow step 2 above)
- The two questions you need to answer before enabling inventory sync to your order sources are:
- Do the skus in the order source system/shopping cart match the Skubana Master SKU or do they match a particular Skubana Listing SKU?
- Should inventory from all Skubana warehouses be synced to the order source or only inventory from one Skubana warehouse?
- Under the Carts tab → select the cart/order source you would like to enable inventory sync for → click Edit Setup → based on your answers to the two questions, please set the following fields:
- Sync Inventory Alias
- Sync Inventory With Warehouse
- On the same page, under the Services section, set the "Inventory Upload" field to the frequency in which you would like inventory to sync from CartRover to the order source. Inventory sync is now enabled.
How to view inventory sync data in CartRover
The most recent inventory sync data can be viewed in CartRover under the (Merchant tab > Products section). All data in this section is updated automatically. The information you can find in this section includes:
- A list of all Skubana products (master skus) and their corresponding aliases (listing skus).
- The most recently synced on-hand and available quantity from Skubana for each sku, broken down per Skubana warehouse and also totaled in a separate list.
- Select product details from Skubana (Description, weight, etc.)
In order for bundle SKU inventory to sync from Skubana to your shopping carts, you must create a Stock entry for them in Skubana. Even if they will not be pre-assembled and the assembled quantity will be 0, there needs to be an inventory record for them so CartRover can see it. CartRover will then calculate the bundle quantity by adding up the pre-assembled quantity and the component quantity.
To setup a stock record for a bundle item:
- Go to the Skubana Inventory tab
- Click on the bundle item. Then on the right side of the Page (Stock Details), click on the desired warehouse.
- Click on + Create Stock button or + New Stock button, and type in 0 as On Hand. (You must type in 0 here. CartRover will perform calculation to figure out the actual bundle qty based on the components)