Item Filters - How to accept or ignore specific products
To split fulfillment of a SKU list between two different locations and have CartRover only pull specific products, CartRover offers the ability to set up either a whitelist or a blacklist.
This setup affects inventory sync as well. Items not matching the whitelist/blacklist setup will not be synced with the shopping cart.
Whitelist: If you set up a whitelist, CartRover will only accept the products on that list. Any products not on the whitelist will be ignored.
Blacklist: If you set up a blacklist, CartRover will ignore any products on that list. Any products not on the blacklist will be accepted.
Step-by-step setup guide
- Under each cart within CartRover there is an Item Filters section:
- Here you can define a list of products to ignore (Blacklist) OR a list of products to allow (Whitelist).
- If an order contains only products on your blacklist, the entire order will be ignored.
- If an order contains some products from the blacklist and some not on the blacklist, only the products not on the blacklist will be accepted.
- If an order does not contain any of the products on your whitelist, the entire order will be ignored.
- If an order contains some products from the whitelist and some not on the whitelist, only the products on the whitelist will be accepted.
A merchant sells 100 products on their Shopify store. Of the 100 products, 10 of them are drop shipped from the manufacturer. The remaining 90 products ship from their third party fulfillment center. They use CartRover to send orders to their fulfillment center, so they have set up a blacklist containing the 10 SKU's shipped from the manufacturer. CartRover ignores these 10 SKU's when downloading orders from Shopify.
If you are using product aliases in CartRover, please keep the following in mind:
- When downloading orders, CartRover compares the SKU on the order to the whitelist/blacklist before any alias conversion has taken place. So use the SKU in the shopping cart.
- When uploading inventory, CartRover compares to the SKU from the WMS/OMS to the whitelist/blacklist.
Because of this, you may need to add both the shopping cart SKU and the WMS/OMS SKU to the whitelist/blacklist if you have setup CartRover to perform alias conversions.
CartRover can also whitelist or blacklist other fields. Contact CartRover Support if you have other whitelist/blacklist needs. (e.g. Only load orders for certain countries, states, etc.)